Have you been thinking about changing to hardwood flooring this year? You’re in luck as there are many different colours for you to choose from. You should have no trouble finding one that best suits your personal preference or the style of your home.
If you feel overwhelmed with the amount of choices, here are some tips to help you:
- Think about the dimensions of the room, including the height of the ceiling. You’ll want to go for natural hues like beige to open up small and narrow spaces. Meanwhile, warmer tones like walnut would be great for large and wide rooms to make them feel cosier.
- Check out the colour and texture of the walls to see how you can mix and match. When you have mint green walls in your open-plan living room, you can offset them with dark floors. Or, you can go with both bright walls and bright floors to make a tiny den feel wider.
- Consider the lighting that the area will be exposed to most of the time. A floor colour that looks nice in artificial lighting may not look as appealing at noon in natural sunlight. If possible, ask for a sample to bring home and examine at different times of the day.
- Remember that your wood flooring has to help bring together the overall style of the room. For classic interiors, unstained or traditional brown hues like chestnut are ideal. For modern or chic designs, black or dark tones are the popular option.
- Take into account the maintenance that will go with your choice. Natural colours in matte finishes are excellent in concealing dust and small dents so they can be good for busy professionals or families with children. On the other hand, dark shades show scratches easily.
Are you ready to look at different wood flooring types and prices? We at Bowood Flooring can provide you with a free quote or book an appointment with you. Just give us a call at 01793674970 or 07807348219.